Southwest Conservation District

Hamden office:
Northern Research Station
51 Mill Pond Rd
Hamden, CT 06514

Phone: 203-287-8179

Fax: 203-288-5077


Municipal AssistanceWatershed ManagementLocal ResidentsOpen Space & FarmlandManure Share Program
Courtesy of USDA NRCS

Conservation Districts provide many technical services to their towns and cities including site visits, site plan reviews and other on-site investigations. We specialize in soil erosion and sediment control plan review. We often assist municipalities with water quality, wetland and stormwater issues as well as associated environmental impacts.

ERT - Environmental Review Team

For large or complicated land use changes, your local Conservation District can help your town apply for an ERT Report prepared by a diverse team of experts statewide. This free service is funded in part by the Conservation Fund administered by the Connecticut DEP.

Education for Town Staff and Commission Members

Due to Connecticut’s system of home rule and the lack of any county or regional level of government, key land use decisions are made on the local level. This means that the volunteer members of Planning & Zoning, Inland Wetlands or Conservation Commissions play an important role in shaping the future landscape of their community.

We provide high quality technical training programs geared to municipal land use staff and commission members. It is our goal to provide these individuals who make the important land use decisions with the best information and tools possible.

Website by Great-Webs.Com Terms Of UsePrivacy Statement